What is the history of my G280ge?

4 replies [Last post]
charliecam
charliecam's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

Hello fellow members a spot of help if possible? -A few months ago I bought a 1988 G280ge but no service history at all? Registration is E126RJS and chassisWDB46023327057567. Because of the position of the dipsticks I am told that the engine is probably not the original low torque but it looks like it has been replaced at sometime with a high pressure one and I can not find (possibly looking in the wrong place) the engine number to verify also because shortly I would need to change the exhaust system and presumably the latter would depend on type of engine. 

So here is the question; does anyone recognize my G and if so can anyone shed any light on its provenance/history? I would be grateful. 

Henry

gav.helme
gav.helme's picture
Re: What is the history of my G280ge?

I will come back to you later on a PM with some details

Gav

gav.helme
gav.helme's picture

M110 Engine number...

On the right hand side as you look at it from the front under the Distributor. There is a flat part of the Block which has the number on it. It is the top of the Block where the Cylinder Head joins. The Engine number can be seen in between the Engine Block and Distrubutor. It can be covered with dirt and oil and it may be hard to see. To reach and clean it you should take off the Distributor Cap, just cover the Distributor so no dirt falls in.

All G M110 engines start 110.994 and it is not fitted in any if the cars, so it will probably be a 110.984/985/986/987/988/989/990 taken from the 80's K-Jetronic cars. It could be an early 70's Carb 110.92X/93X or D-Jetronic 110.98X/99X but i doubt it!

Hope this helps

Gav

charliecam
charliecam's picture

Thanks Gav ; greatly appreciated. I will check it shortly.

Have a great Sunday. H

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Hi Henry,

If you can , can you post a photo? You never know someone may recognise it.

Spider1V