Sagging nets on backs of 463 seats.

4 replies [Last post]
consur
consur's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

I can't work out how to remove the nets/plastic retaining U-shaped thinggy.  Can anyone advise please?

gav.helme
gav.helme's picture
Re: Sagging nets on backs of 463 seats.

Hi

They should be held on by 6 x self tapping screws and washer per side.

Screw straight into the trim i think

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

I can only vaguely remember the u- tube or clip but could you post a picture to remind me?  As Gav says, the EPC shows as the net to be fitted by screws.  I have a feeling that the seat cover needs to be removed.

Cheers,

consur
consur's picture

Fixwin has explained that the two screws hidden underneath the bottom of the seat back need to be removed first.  I had failed to realise that this was the key move, as they are not normally visible..  While I'm at it I am swopping the passanger and drivers seats over.  Don't know why we don't do this as a routine at 100,000 to reduce the inevitable wear on the outer panel of the driver's seat.  Although this places the lever for the seat base angle adjustment hard up against the handbrake, it is still usable (provided you don't have especially fat fingers), and anyway it's only used very occasionally.

fixwin38
fixwin38's picture

Hi
a lot easier to change the covers if the drivers seat frame is not damaged...........