OM606 trouble

5 replies [Last post]
LEEU
LEEU's picture

My second power steering pump on a OM606 is busy going, and considering that I have been driving G’s for 12 years now without any such problems, I think the 606 pump may be a bit weaker than the 603 pump. I am not sure, but the car has a lot smaller wheels, and weighs a lot less, so I would expect it not be designed to handle the 33 12.5’s.

I am finished playing with diesels in any case, but if I ever did this conversion again I would swop the power steering pumps as well.

fcp
fcp's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
Re: OM606 trouble

That's an interesting observation - I've been thinking about this myself recently.. I'll probably swap out the pump from my 617 I think.

IanA2
IanA2's picture

It was the steering that put me off the G560 I posted. I was way too heavy for my wife, otherwise I would probably have bought it.

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

I think there is Still a nice G500 2001 RHD up for grabs (about 55K on the clock ) and has all the front grille, rear and front lights updated so it look brand new from the outside.

Spider1V 

LEEU
LEEU's picture

I've got a 500 Spider, no need to preach to the converted, or at least re-converted, or maybe converted for the moment.

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

ain't real until I see the pics old boy Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. But if its true welcome to the Wood and Leather Brigade (Power Division)

Brigadier Gen 

Spider1V