New 2015 'G' ? Have your say.

25 replies [Last post]
gooch
gooch's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members
M4YGE
M4YGE's picture
Re: New 2015 'G' ? Have your say.

I can't see which bit of that "continues to bear a striking resemblance to the current G class".

I like the air intakes/rocket launchers above the windscreen though.

dosent Spider have a hydrogen water cell recycling thingy already??

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

Yup - I like to set the trend.....

In answer to the question - if I had the money I would consier this... very 'chunky' and if it goes well off road great. I can now fulfill me fantisy and dress up, dispensing the kind of justice I used to read about in 2000AD - Yup - I AM THE LAW!!!!

Spider1V (judge)

prwales
prwales's picture

its a Touareg

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Quick question - is this a concept? If not its going to be expensive should you have a little fender bender as it all one unit! Dam MB are now following LR with their you put a small dent, crack in it you ahve to get it all replaced! One way to kill off roading and get them Bunny Hugging, Rain Forrest lov'in, ramblers off the Green lanes :(

Spider1V

mark
mark's picture

Sure it's a concept.
Don't think they have the technology to run it from rain it collects in the reservoir on the roof, and those air intakes, well unless there for a hair dryer, not sure what use they are, lol. With a bit of luck it will come with a nice diesel. ;)

jamie waterfiel...
jamie waterfield 280ge's picture

Looks like mercedes have made this with N.A.S.A or on the moon it`s self lol

hus55
hus55's picture

i will stick with my 79G thank you very much...

rgds hus

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture

My initial reaction, I don't like it but I suppose over time I could grow to like it.

My definite dislike is the low roof, hence shorter window line, too much of Cherokee for me.

I am assuming this will be a monoque chassis (without a seperate chassis), effectively making the vehicle lighter, giving lower fuel bill respectively.

No matter what, it will be expensive with all the electronic technology usually employed now-a-days. With foresight, no doubt, they will have a electric version or a hybrid of sorts (more expense).

One or two interesting features - yep, could end up liking it.

cheers,

hus55
hus55's picture

ınfact my ultımate G would be a 2000 model G300DGT wıth only electronıc lockıng 3 dıffs and manual transfer case.

back to basics anyday gooch. this modern technology is not for me.....

rgds hus

consur
consur's picture

Like the G shaped headlights, but not much else.

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

You should try running water and flushing loo's Huss, amazing mordern marvels.....

79 G Wayyyyyyyyyy to basic for my liking *sniff* :)

Spider1V

mark
mark's picture

Very clever marketing.
Load a concept motor up with a load of "green" technology and then name it after your least fuel efficient model. Very good.

Won't be long before the green brigade are hugging V8 owner's. ;)

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Well that is a day I am NOT looking forward to..... they will be forcing me to eat mung beans and lentils and then sitting in a circle wanting to discuss my 'feelings', then embrace mother earth... and recant on the error of my ways.........

.............like THATS going to happen!

When the snow or floods come (which they will) just how far will you battery powered Pious take you through a puddle that's only 2 inches high.....eh? eh? When you fall over while out hugging trees and you hurt yourself you will need my V8 to come an get you....well think again.

While the concept is a nice looking truck, the more I see of it the less I like, I mean would you off road in it? The carbon bonded plastic that they call 'metal' these days  - the first big branch will probably crash right through the panelling and the only reason why they are doing this is because the ramblers are now closing down all the fun off road places one could go (Ichnield way in Bucks – Closed, Ridgeway Closed, 40% of green lanes and ancient by ways now close and lost.)

.......and some MB accountant has worked out (for share holder value) that less and less cars for off road ' go off road' so we can save money, increase profilts and rip off people by placing so many usless electronic gadgets that can go wrong in the new car and forming a single unit that if it breaks we can charge them a fortune to replace it!  

The green ‘pound’ that’s all they are trying to get – well let me tell you MB the green pound was taken out of circulation back in 1984 and the chances of these mung bean eating, hemp wearing, bunny hugging people getting one will still be zero!! I wish they would realise that the core of people who would buy a 4x4 like the G want a no fuss, wood and carpet machine that does what it says on the side.

Why this outburst????? Guess who got stopped by an eco-fascist today?? Him and his bloody eco chav mates. Well I decided to tell him, in front of his mates that I had to pull his daddies Range Rover off Beaconsfield Round about last year as he broke down. ‘Yes’ but a Range Rover is made by Land Rover – which is an eco friendly company!!!!

What a F@$%*@g eco moron!!!

Spider1V

mark
mark's picture

"Well that is a day I am NOT looking forward to..... they will be forcing me to eat mung beans and lentils and then sitting in a circle wanting to discuss my 'feelings', then embrace mother earth... and recant on the error of my ways........."

I doubt it will happen Joe, not even tree huggers have the amount of time needed for all that LOL ;) :)

Damn good rant by the way. I enjoyed that. 

"‘Yes’ but a Range Rover is made by Land Rover – which is an eco friendly company!!!!"

oh dear, how did you manage to keep a straight face.

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

By not giving him a good old fashion 'Slap in the mush!' Am now calm and balanced and back to my usual self ;)

Spider1V

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture
bigblock
bigblock's picture

Apparently it is based on a GL platform so not really a a 'new' G Wagon although it may point to the direction MB are heading.

On the subject of Range Rovers not being eco friendly, mine is because it never works for long enough to be driven anywhere. It is however a nice place to sit and watch the telly whilst waiting for the AA.

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

+1 :)

Spider1V

mark
mark's picture

While that G force thing is a pie in the sky concept, the GLA & GLG are coming. Good God Merceded do know how to make the most out of a legend, apart from in improve on it,

hus55
hus55's picture

=D

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

The GLG looks more like the land rover concept and is much more Fuglier.

Spider1V

hus55
hus55's picture

after seeing the facelifted e class i am concluding my theory that mercedes are now loosing the plot !!!! wtf do you want to keep face lifting every model every few years.

when mercedes built mercs, the model would stay the same for 10 years....!!!

i am really going off the three pointed star !

rgds hus

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Like the 'Vapours' they are turning Japanese! I remember in the mid 90's they would change shape almost every year!

Spider1V

hus55
hus55's picture

exactly !

IanA2
IanA2's picture