GWOA AGM 2013: Update: Edgehill Shooting Ground

14 replies [Last post]
mark
mark's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

GWOA AGM 2013: Edgehill Shooting Ground

Thanks to Rakesh for the AGM 2013 info pack.

Updated version.

Login or register to view attached files
KevinStuttgart
KevinStuttgart's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
Re: GWOA AGM 2013: Edgehill Shooting Ground

Hi Rakesh, confirming attendance of the AGM. Is there a preffered hotel where members would want to meet up on the Saturday night for a meal etc?

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture

Hi Kevin,

No one has come forward as yet, either suggesting coming early or nominating a Hotel of choice so far. 

My suggestion would be to initally make your own choice and evening programme that suits you for now. 

I expect for the others they will either follow your lead or suggest alternatives and one can work out from then on as to how to set your programme.

Personnaly, I shall attend on the Sunday.

Gav Helme had indicated a while ago that he may be up for some camping and Audiominx was intending to arrive on the Saturday.  There are very few B & B's or Hotel accommodation close to the site, most listed are within a half hours travelling time to the venue.

Further, it is my guess that Tim Carnell, probably Tony Baskill, David Watkins and Howard Green are likely to arrive on Saturday.

I expect only a couple to less than a handfull of our Irish contigents to attend, but this is shear speculation on my part. On that same note, from Scotland, I would consider Fredecosse to arrive on Saturaday as well.

Let us hope this opens the door for members to list their intentions on this forum.

Brutus
Brutus's picture

I think the club should give polo shirts as a prize to the members who have travelled the furthest to this years  AGM

Brutus
Brutus's picture

one of each colour would be a great prize

KevinStuttgart
KevinStuttgart's picture

Ok Rakesh, I asked as I did not want to book a hotel & then find I needed to cancel ,as other members choose a different venue. Wroxton House Hotel is situated near Banbury so any members fancy meeting up for a pint & some food Saturday night?

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture

Hello Kevin,

May I suggest; as you have already done, nominated Wroxton House Hotel which has ample parking space, very generous lounge, comfortable rooms and bar that we now wait to see how others feel of this choice. (£85 per night).

Don't make any bookings yet but if more members select your choice; then as a collective, approach the hotel and bargain for a bulk booking hoping to lever for a better rate. Alternatively, just elect this place to meet for a drink if accommodation is not their choice. I personally would favour this site purely from the Parking aspect.

Could I recommend that a cut off date is set of about mid July for those who want to be part of the collective and put their deposits down. Cancelation policy to be as the Hotel's own conditions. Then make your bookings.

From the rest of the members I urge you to please browse through the accommodation options as listed in the information pack. If you agree with the nominated hotel, as Kevin has suggested, please relay that information to either this forum or let Kevin know of this by PM.

I reckon, Kevin your are the candidate nominated to oversee this project. If that is a problem, let me know, I'll put my neck in the noose. For privacy, those taking part when registering your interest to Kevin by PM please leave your email and telephone numbers for latter contact.

And Kevin, did you get a place on the Puch Treffen? If so let me know, I am preparing a info pack on that topic which could be of use to you.

fredecosse
fredecosse's picture

Probably coming down on the Friday, might stay at Howard since he is not that far ! maybe others will too ...

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture

Thanks for your input Fred - Noted

cheeky 

fredecosse
fredecosse's picture

Why are you screaming Rakesh !! Howard always happy to help :-) and he has a big campsite in his garden :-)

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture

Sorry Old boy,cheeky

On a softer tone, I was not aware of that and I can not open his garden up without his say so. 

It would be appropriate for Howard to mention this for him self but if this is the case who is having a shing-ding at his place? indecision

So Fred, what is likely to be on the evening menu? devil Perhaps a Pig roast with crackling, warm potato salad, I wondering if sour red cabbage could accompany pork, will bread be baked on site? I have an excellent  roasted aubergine dish that could be used as a dip or side dish to accompany salad. If it is  a cold evening some freshly cooked pork would make a great sweat and sour soup - Chinese or Thai style. yes yes

All this food talk, I am off to order a Chinese now.

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Is that Howard the Landrover owner? Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

a confused Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Spider1V

prwales
prwales's picture

We were at a wedding there a month or so back; decent enough Hotel but we chose to stay in Banbury itself, as there is greater choice in terms of food and hospitality.

Audiominx
Audiominx's picture

Hi

What is now the situation with a buffet for the AGM as the Edghill shooting ground CAN do food so we could book something?

Interested to know

Thanks

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture

Hi Audiominx,

No new, news on that front yet, nor have I enquired. I do promise to follow up this point closer to time and will put up a post in good time before the function.