Dog guard from LWB 460 1985

1 reply [Last post]
montreal
montreal's picture

I'm looking for a part number or used part to fit my 1985 G. On the back of the rear seats are two large 'wing nut black handled' type bolts. I am assuming that thi sis for a Mercedes guard/load cover between the top of the seat and the roof. i have one like this on my '85 280te estate. Its basically a cassette with a roller that retracts a nylon mesh (like a tennis net) which forms a load protection net. It also houses an interior trim coloured plastic sheet that covers the load area, They are attached to the roof by slotted fixings. Do Merc do this in a black housing and still supply the body mounted fixings??
If not....is there an after market one that is NOT a full height one and just fixes to the seat back using the existing bolts?

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members
Re: Dog guard from LWB 460 1985

Hello montreal,

Unfortunately, I can not look up M/Benz accessories, but I do know of the load netting you are asking about.  As dog guards go the RSPCA and Police force favors dog boxes or cages but the choice is yours.

You will need to see your local M/benz dealer on this information.  I have an alternative link for you, who can do the net, floor covering and, or dog cage.  Have a look at page 49 of the English catalog in the link provided.  

http://www.orc.de/

Cheers,