diesel engine + parts to convert your 460

16 replies [Last post]
cox.adrian
cox.adrian's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

maybe of intrest to you lot who are looking to upgrade ?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mercedes-Motor-300-TD-Turbo-Diesel-177PS-G-Klasse...

axel
axel's picture
Re: diesel engine + parts to convert your 460

5 days 10 hrs to go ,these engines always go for loads on ebay.de- 2000 euro + is not unusual and there is still loads of money and time to spend gelandifying this engine that is w210 derived (606.962) 
 good package though and what you need to get in your 'wishlist' typical of german sellers though really nicely presented ,all in apparent good order ,clean and not cut out with a gas axe .
only bummer with import in to uk is the duty from hmrc they charge upto £60 on an injection pump so gawd knows what figure they put on an engine package - good spot though as it is all done for you without having to get filthy dirty dismantling a rotted out 'e' class.
 intercooler not really any good for 'g' install 
  603a injector pump needed then have rebuild with 6mm elements £$£$
  oil sump /pump/dipstick/baffles etc £$£$£$£$  1800 euro when i last checked 
  engine mount brackets for g install .
  throttle linkage.
   there is a massive list of silly little bits that adds up to quite a lot of money glow plug units etc etc 
  oh, and how did i forget the turbo hits the steering shaft and the alternator doesn't clear the steering box in rhd g wagen 460/463
   they are amazing engines though ,they are just a major challenge to do and the job is a long one,but if you can do it what a machine you will have power and sensible mpg and they make a glorious noise like a big 6 cylinder aston or c type jag -very undiesel like.

jamie waterfiel...
jamie waterfield 280ge's picture

£850 will buy it  , bin stood for 5 years brake calipers seized on the front , G still runs ...
Thats as much as i know

axel
axel's picture

jamie ,i think you have replied to the wrong thread, as this is about an engine and ancillaries package for sale on german ebay .

fcp
fcp's picture

No import duty from germany to UK

panzer
panzer's picture

No Duty (or vat on secondhand goods) if within EEC but may well get stung for a customs clearence fee by the carrier!!

axel
axel's picture

you are dead right ,my mistake they make a charge just to process the clearance even though it is zero rated. i do not often buy from germany as the prices are on the high side compared to the states ,but even with the customs duty /carriageit is still a lot cheaper to buy from the usa.
   i sent an engine to nz recently and it all had to be on non timber pallet /totally sterile / decontaminated, the owner  paid the shipping heavens knows what it cost ,i even did a little film of the engine running on the floor so he could see all was well .
  but it was low miles and there was no source for him locally so ....

jamie waterfiel...
jamie waterfield 280ge's picture

Axel your right , ignore that one guy`s jamie`s had to many page`s open at the same time this morning . ;)

axel
axel's picture

jamie ,would be nice to delete or clear them -thanks as i will clear my one telling you .

G-Restorations
G-Restorations's picture

Why bother shipping this pile of bits from Germany, just buy an MOT failed 211 Eclass ebay id full of them for less than £500

G-Restorations
G-Restorations's picture

nice to see you back Mike!    teddies all back in the pram LOL
Gordon

axel
axel's picture

thanks gordon, i think adrian saw this as a good package but it is worth watching how much it finally goes for as ebay.de is a v expensive place- my bet is in excess of 1200 euro . 
  you did get a total  result with your e class taxed and mot'd , they tend to fetch a bit more than that in this neck of the woods and you have to factor in the stripping it down and taking it to the scrappy as the price of steel has taken a dive -last one i stripped was a result as it had been caught in a flood and weighed loads- the water was running out of the car crusher as they squashed it, i had to look the other way as i got the certificate of destruction. beautiful engine though ,going in to a swb 280 with 6 speed cut down to a pickup with a major pump tweek /boost  - scary drive i should think.

bit of an update: auction ended----total  including shipping nearly 1600 euros .

hus55
hus55's picture

read the thread and not much to add other than the fact that the uk seems the best market the sourcing a 606a engine from a complete w210.

rgds hus

cox.adrian
cox.adrian's picture

i had a 617a shiped to the UK from germany and had NO customs clearence fees
    or any other hidden fees

mick the digger!
mick the digger!'s picture

Ireland's better Huss!!! :p

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Nice to see you again  MTD, you have been quiet!  - Come on, post up some of your works - have lost the Pic you snet me of the 'Black' edition you did....

Spider1V

axel
axel's picture

mtd's stuff is very nice ,the 'black edition' is  powered by 606 turbo ... sorry spider  
   1st rule of 606 club -never discuss 606 club  -     whoops!!
  micks ktm inspired trialler with 4 wheel steer is mega also, have you seen that one ?