can any 5x130 wheels be used on a 460?

12 replies [Last post]
Tee
Tee's picture
Hi guys, seen some vw toureg and q7 wheels - can they be used on a 460 model? Also does anyone fit led strips under headlights and newer grille to 460 model? Ta
fcp
fcp's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
Re: can any 5x130 wheels be used on a 460?

In respect of..

Q1.   Audi/ VW wheels - pattern is correct for some but offset may not be (460 axels narrower than 463)

Q2.   Only people with no taste or good sense.

fredecosse
fredecosse's picture

Quite like answer number 2

Tee
Tee's picture
oh come on oldies cut your apron strings ;)
G-Restorations
G-Restorations's picture

It's not just th PCD at 130mm you need to worry about,  

VW Touareg/Audi Q7. 

early touareg wheels are 5x120 so won't fit,  5x130 wheels are all  approx 60 offset so will need spacers, big ones on 460s. The bore diameter is too small to fit  a G hub so will need machining. Merc centre caps don't fit either

Porsche Cayenne 

Right PCD. Will also need spacers, Bore diameter is too big for a G hub so will need spigot rings, Merc centres won't fit and most of them are goppingly ugly!!

Gordon.  www.pxwheels.com

fcp
fcp's picture

Honestly - nothing do with with being puritanical over keeping things original or anything like that..  

Its just a question of

1. good taste (led strips ?!  that's like having gold taps in your bathroom).. and

2. trying to dress it up as something its not - no better than the 20 year old kid with a 3 series diesel, a body kit and M badge.

Any G class is going to be relatively rare and unique compared to 99% of the jelly-mould mediocrity that most put up with.. love it for what it is ;-)

nedvaughan
nedvaughan's picture
Colour code original grill and lamp surrounds to car Blacken a set of genuine alloys and off you go. None of yer fancy stuff!
Tee
Tee's picture
So I get 5x130 to 5x120 or 5x112 huncentric spacers, that pushes wheels out and gives me more options
bigblock
bigblock's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

Once you have blinged up the outside of your 460 what are you going to do about the 25 year old interior ??

Tee
Tee's picture
I like the interior
Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Hi Tee,

Good luck with the 'face lift' for your G - like the vehicles we drive and love they are all individual, thats the beauty of owning one of the last hand made/assembled car's in the world today! Considering that there are a few on here that go ultra bling and even change the engines, your choices are quite mild Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. 

Please post up some before and after photos. You just a 'street cruiser' or an 'off roader'? In your G?

Spider1V

Tee
Tee's picture
Yep spider each to their own, I'll get some pics up soon, wheels and tints for now it's already black so I don't have massive plans really. G wag wheels are so limited though I don't even mind paying a bit for them but they just don't exist!
Steve Kirk
Steve Kirk's picture

Keep your eyes on ebay....some sprinter wheels are 5x130....that is what i ended up using...good luck with the mods.

S