Autumn Drive Chew Magna Lake & surrounding area 6 October 2013

4 replies [Last post]
foneman
foneman's picture

Autumn Drive Chew Magna Lake & surrounding area

Autumn Drive, October 6th, Chew Magna Lake & surrounding area.

Meeting at the Farrington Inn at Farrington Gurney for breakfast at 10.00 before departing on a drive of approximately 1 hr using various byways to take us to Chew Magna Lake. At the lake there is a visitor Centre and cafe and I am currently trying to arrange a boat trip. We then leave Chew Magna and again using various byways make our way to the New Inn at Blagdon . There are exceptional panoramic views of Blagdon lake from the beer garden and providing we have sufficient numbers we have been offered a private room to take lunch in. Later in the afternoon you may wish to go and explore the lakes more, visit the worlds smallest library or take coffee by invitation from Fanny Adams who also offers much bespoke vintage clothing and accessories in her shop in Blagdon village, she assures you of a warm welcome.

I drove the route and found it very enjoyable. If I can get an idea of numbers I will try and negotiate some good rates for the event. Minimum number to run the event is 10, maximum number is 24 so please let me know at the earliest opportunity. Closing date Sunday the 8th September.

Hopefully with your support we can make this another successful drive.

Contact Kevin 07884 182335

Or  Email Kjz@Hotmail.co.uk

axel
axel's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
Re: Autumn Drive Chew Magna Lake & surrounding area 6 ...
Post removed
G-Restorations
G-Restorations's picture

I have family in Somerset, so ill try and combine the two, I've been to axels a few times, it's a beautiful part of the country and well worth a visit, It's worth coming to meet Tony Brugger, he's a properly interesting guy

Gordon

G-Restorations

tony.bruegger
tony.bruegger's picture

Thx Gordon...and of course ,like Axel, GWOA members are always welcome to call past.

Am just over a mile from the start point and have plenty of G related stuff around...unfinished projects abound !

May even join the run

Another local may even show off Axels latest " Bigfoot " G

KevinStuttgart
KevinStuttgart's picture

I have only had two confirmed bookings so unfortunately this event is now cancelled.