463 G55 Parts Required

15 replies [Last post]
info
info's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

Just bought this bad boy, 2001 G55.

Can anybody help me find ther parts to repair?

Thanks

Login or register to view attached files
fixwin38
fixwin38's picture
Re: 463 G55 Parts Required

Hi I see it  has arabic numerals on the number plate....the one pic does it no favours...G55 "perculiar to type" parts will probably  be limited to MB supply only.. anything with commonality across the 460 / 463 range may be available from breakers in Europe...chassis alignment tooling only available in Europe ....logistics will add to the costs...not one for the "faint hearted" !!!!

prwales
prwales's picture

the screen looks to be broken, is there "A" pillar damage, need to sse photo's of the engine bay and the underneath of the chassis as well. Does the engine start/drive? It looks an enormous task.

info
info's picture

The chasis looks ok, but cant say for definate  until its all stripped! A Pillar looks fine aswell

info
info's picture

"Chassis alignment tooling only available in Europe "

Does that mean the chasis can not be straightened in the uk if it needed to be done?

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Wow that is going to be a project of love!

Most of the body parts should be standard, lights, wings, etc etc. You may have a shock with regards to the AMG parts, exhaust (if damaged) suspension (slightly lower and stiffer in the AMG's). Would be interested in finding out if the chassis is damaged, if so you will have to search around, I believe you may get some luck with the MB truck dealers/ body shop. I had this concern when mine was rear ended a few years back, however the garage that fixed my 500 checked and nothing was damaged. His exact words were 'It will take a lot to damage one of these'. I know in the ML AMG's they do lighten the chassis a bit, you may want to check if that is the same on the G's.

For Non AMG parts ( and maybe some AMG parts), I know that G Wagen in Caervsham can source MB parts direct and are more competitive for prices. You may want to call James and have a chat.

Can't wait to see the finished item!

Best of Luck

Spider1V

fixwin38
fixwin38's picture

Hi MB Germany have a jig  that is loaned to other MB facilities as required it is good for both LWB / SWB but can only be used with the body removed and the chassis stripped ....I have pics  of it if you want a copy a will scan them to your E'mail..normally the axle control arm bracket buckles half way along the chassis if the impact has shoved the axle back. plus the centre axle mounting gets distorted .inner wings and external tin are cheap enough but some of the vacuum parts are not cheap... and the steering box geometry could be a problem...as you say all will be revealed once you get the wrinked bits removed..

peter perfect
peter perfect's picture

of to mercs im afraid

peter perfect
peter perfect's picture

of to mercs im afraid

info
info's picture

Car is a 2001 model and i am located in the UK

consur
consur's picture

The Elite Motor Group Cambridge Ltd have worked on my 1991 463 300GEL with similar crash damage but no damage to suspension or chassis.  They have a laser measuring jig, all the figures from MB, and a machine to get it back into alignment.  Whether they will be willing to take this on or not I don't know, I think they found mine a bit of pain and it was with them from March to August. I would be happy to discuss further.  Mine was considered by the insurers to be beyond economic repair using new parts but after receiving valuable advice from fixwin38 on this forum and receiving help with sourcing second hand parts from members ( fillans, lphong, M2dxb, rodnex - Thanks guys) plus a few small parts from MB dealer, I was able to get this back on the road for £2,500 in parts.  Labour costs more complicated. Can discuss the extent of the damage in detail if you PM me.

M2dxb
M2dxb's picture

The good news is, if it's a 2001 then they were the most closely related AMGs to the 500 model, maybe even to the extent of the brake system, so a lot of parts will be common. After the kompressor came in, the differences grew between the 2 V8 models.

Roly
Roly's picture

It's got a badge under the V8 badge that looks like the Kompressor. Is it one or just the badge

info
info's picture

Its just been tarted up with the Kompressor badge, its a non kompressor G

Thanks

harston
harston's picture

I know of a stainless bull bar if you are interested....looks like you might need one, and they are like hen's teeth!! ..£300 located in Cambridge. email me at rlt@harston.org.uk

regards

Harston

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

Sadly, dealer parts only.  How ever did you manage to get it to this state?  I hope no one injured.
Cheers