463 Bits Urgently needed

4 replies [Last post]
tombo
tombo's picture

Hi all, Still cannot get info to post a Classified Wanted ad, so using this as closest, apologies.
 My 463 1991 300GD Speedo head has packed up, I am in really urgent need of this part number : A4635420006 (LHD & Kms) or its UK mileage equivalent. Also I need a rear door spare wheel carrier with studs long enough to carry a 16inchx6J H2 Alloy wheel (inner rim facing out is OK). 
A new sound drivers seat complete or seat cushion at least would be appreciated - Cream- 
With thanks and Regards to all Tombo

The Bear
The Bear's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
Re: 463 Bits Urgently needed

How about getting the speedo repaired? JDO come highly recommended from friends who've used them http://www.jdo1.com/

D:Class should be able to sort your seat out http://www.dclass.co.uk/

LeoLeo
LeoLeo's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

My Speedo has been stuck on the same mileage for ages. Could it be the speedo or is there a cable that is attached to speedo that could be the problem? Is it difficult for me to remove (something i've not done before), any advise appreciated.
Regards Leo

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

Hello tombo,

My suggestion for the speedo head ,is to have yours repaired and should you wish to, convert the Km reading to Mph.  The first web address provided  in the list below, should be able to do this for you.  I personally, have not used them as yet.

clusterrepairsuk.co.uk

www.g-wagen.co.uk

gwagenpreserve.com

The second two addresses, are for you to approach on your spare wheel carrier.

As much, as the seat cushion is concerned, look up in you locality, any car upholsters; they can address your upholstery enquiry.  The covering will not be Mercedes benz, unless you want to spend something like £400 per seat cover from them.

Cheers,

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

Hello leoleo,

Seems like you have a gearing problem in the mileometer.  Try the address provided, they can do the repair for you.

clusterrepairsuk.co.uk

If the needle registers for speed reading, the cable is fine but for the gearing problem in the mileometer, I do suppose, you have tried zeroing the trip meter and without effect. Then, you are looking at a repair, I do not recommend you to do the job, the unit is selaed, you will not be able to get at the gears to nudge them free, if that is the case.

Cheers,