463 3 DR Interior rear trim removal

4 replies [Last post]
JASONGDS
JASONGDS's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

The black piece of plastic strip that goes down the side ( externally) I would like to remove this as having some new paint, I am sure it is held internally? How do I remove those giant bits of plastic that go around window?

gav.helme
gav.helme's picture
Re: 463 3 DR Interior rear trim removal

Hi

If you mean the exterior black rubbing strip in 4 peices each side then they are just stuck on, only the lower sill one is screwed on.

If think the interior window surround trim is held on in much the same way as a door trim, on lots of push on clips, but never took one off to be sure, very easy to break i would think, can send you a trim wedge if you have nothing suitable

Gav

JASONGDS
JASONGDS's picture

Hi Gav,

Yes the large bit of rubber that is mounted just  over half way along the car. Interior trim looks a pain to remove as window seals hold the plastic down?

Good news if it is just glued on, will save lots of broken plastic smiley

M2dxb
M2dxb's picture

Hi Jason,

The interior trim on an early 463 SWB is held in various ways, as well as the pop out clips Gav mentioned. You need to remove the top seat belt mount (just one large bolt), then the trim pulls out carefully from under the window rubber. The pain is getting it back under the rubber when putting it all together again. A small round screwdriver or plastic wedge will help, if you imagine how a tyre mounts on a rim as the wheel turns, this is a bit like that.

Will try to dig up a photo and see if I can attach, last few times attachments have failed..

gav.helme
gav.helme's picture

Jason

I have a plastic trim removal wedge if you need one

Gav