406 pre'68 price?

2 replies [Last post]
mgrays
mgrays's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

I think I have just become a 'Mog owner... but need to finalise out the price (family - in fact my father's 'Mog)

So what is fair market value for;
1968 Mog with cascade gearbox, front/rear PTO, rear agri hitch and fixed draw-bar hit, 3 way tipping body, Werner 6t mechanical winch, soft top with the curved windscreen which makes it pre 1968 which means limited spares as they are different to post 1968 (which sort of stay the same bar disc brakes I think) and this is for body, axles, gearbox so major items.

The good was that it is nearly one farm for 40 years (it was bought at 2 years old from the Fens) and kept inside until 5 years ago.

The bad is being outside for 5 years without a roof, being rolled once, rotten cab, bent bonnet, water in engine oil and now not starting, Cascade gearbox will not go into crawl/super crawl, it is on dump truck swamps but the original rims are about but with dump truck tyres. Servo is blowing seals, front/rear hydraulic spools are leaking

So what is the fair market value

mgrays
mgrays's picture
Re: 406 pre'68 price?

Well talking to myself again! .. about £1200 delivered to 'mog dealer down by Lancaster.. might make £2k if you broke it.

Anyway Chris/Denty wanted a picture.. so here is one with G towing M for a bit of pressure washer cleanup.
Note.. wrong rims/tyres, doors inside, windscreen/frame/roof on West coast and unknown state still. Engine still seized, gearbox now shifts 5 levers but 6th/main still seized so 'box top comes off tonight. A 5 year project..

prwales
prwales's picture
Re: 406 pre'68 price?

a courageous project