2011 model g wagens

7 replies [Last post]
stevo
stevo's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

Seems like Mercedes Benz Uk are flooding the market theres 10 new registered G wagens G350 models on Pistonheads ! all at different prices is this the sign of the times ?

bigblock
bigblock's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members
Re: 2011 model g wagens

Prices from the MB dealers seem to range from £74k to £89k for a 2011 model.
They all appear to be of similar spec, wonder why the dramatic price difference. 

prwales
prwales's picture

no demand?

stevo
stevo's picture

obviously very desperate to sell them i would think there would even be a discount off the cheapest priced one !

Rick Byrne
Rick Byrne's picture

A change of strategy ... weren't they originally planning to sell them through Brooklands only?

Rick Byrne
Rick Byrne's picture

A change of strategy ... weren't they originally planning to sell them through Brooklands only?

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Shows how desperate they may be for sales.... I was under the impression that it was only going to be MB Brooklands, however maybe they have done a deal with some of the other dealers and have either sold them on (inter dealer swap) or as has been pointed out desperate to shift them.

Spider1V

Jdring
Jdring's picture
Location: South of Oxford, UK. 87' 230GE SWB Manual, 89' 230GE SWB Auto, 2012 G350Bluetec LWB
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

Isn't it just marketing and massaging the numbers?  MB need to be able to show G registrations and represent a 'demand' in doing so, so they pass a few 'demonstrator' models off into the market via the MB dealerships, who in turn will pop them on the forecourts and try to shift them to real owners.   Its a way of getting new cars into the system with a series of small discounts with each 'owner' change instead of one big discount from Brooklands (which they wouldn't want to be seen doing).

btw - I often wondered if I had a no fault accident in my G, and needed a replacement car under my insurance policy terms, where would it come from??  The car rental companies don't have G's on their books, so they would offer me something similar, but if I pressed the point (which I would) they would be more than happy to help me justify it, get a new G350 from Brooklands for me to use for 6-8 weeks and then they have another 'used' G in the market?

Anyone on GWOA ever been provided with a G replacement vehicle like this??