GWOA Groups: Members
Re: 1991 gd300 lwb

I put this on because of the price, any thoughts out there in the ether

fixwin38
fixwin38's picture

Hi Paul
I talked to chap that owns it and the same colour 460 LWB on @ GBP 4500 ..he told me that the cheapest new one was GBP 83000 so this is what he thought his was worth!!! I think a lot of G's being advertised at the moment are on to try and determine a current market value because the only other way to value a G' is  by the provenance general condition and what it is worth in the eyes of the beholder......

bigblock
bigblock's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

The advert says that it has been "totaly rebuilt". If that is really the case then there must have been a considerable investment in parts and labour. I imagine that the leather retrim and respray would be pretty pricey on its own. I suppose the price is a reflection of the amount of work required to fully restore a G of that age.

I think any buyer would have to carry out a very detailed inspection to verify that it had really been "totaly rebuilt". If it was the case then the price is probably justified and it should provide another 20 years of service.

fixwin38
fixwin38's picture

Hi
I have found it the past that "Totally Rebuilt" means "Totally Messed About" and nothing like the original.....

bigblock
bigblock's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

Yes very true, as I said it would need a very detailed inspection to verify that it had been "rebuilt".  I have seen a slightly scruffy 1998 rhd G500 advertised for around the same price with half the mileage which seems excellent value in comparison.

LEEU
LEEU's picture

Or this guy is just crazy. I bet he won't get half the asking price. I only know of 3 totaly rebuit G's, my 230 was one, and the other 2 are both members.

lphong
lphong's picture

Saw a TV show in Germany last year, they 'totally rebuilt' a 79 280GE. It was actually totally rebuilt... costed €81k. I have posted that video's link on here before, hopefully it is still somewhere on here!