4 replies [Last post]
IanA2
IanA2's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
stevo
stevo's picture
Re: 1987 Mercedes-Benz G WAGON Estate 2746cc on Ebay

Hi , i drove round trip of 400 miles last month to purchase it at a slightly lower price having been told by thecocky  foriegn eastern european  in broken english that it was lovely on bodywork and great runner . What a waste of a day , petrol and time ! , it turns out had colour change green to met black , looks like its been painted with a hoover , all windows left in didnt even prepare back door where badge is stuck on !  , got a glass electric roof fitted and the headlining has all sagged with dampness . It wouldnt start , told me no less than £2300 would buy it , then tells me the lady owner owes him £1500 for the colour change and the rest is for him after the £1500 has been deducted . Then tells me he has been offered £600 for wheels , £750 for engine and £500 for gearbox so he may break it , that was over 1 month ago ! . DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ! .

fixwin38
fixwin38's picture

Hi
and how many times does this situation occur???!!!
I travelled from Northern Ireland 5 times last year (at the request of potential buyers) to look at "Well Described" G's and saw nothing resembling what was advertised>>>>>>>>>>>
I now ask a number of very specific questions on E bay or E mail and seldom get replies which tells me all I need to know...if I get reasonable answers I then spend  some time on the telephone ( at my expense) having the seller waggle bits ( wiper spindles) and press on the footwell carpets ( water in the footwells).operate the heater blower etc  then send me photos of my identified "known bad bits"..saves the air fare and the time away plus I don't have to listen to a lot of inane comments or verbal abuse when I point out the  obvious problems and the cost to remedy them 
all part of the "fun" of buying a G' Wagon

IanA2
IanA2's picture

Checking his feedback I see that it is alleged that he "lost" 40k from a Focus 

hus55
hus55's picture

enought said , subject closed .

they dont give up do they , these bloody foreigners.......!